Thursday, October 4, 2012

First Danish PE Class

I'm happy to report that my first Danish PE class, or idrætsklasse, completely exceeded my expectations. For the days leading up to my class, I was preparing myself for the type of  PE class where nothing really happens and most of the girls just sit around and chat (so frustrating!). Boy was I surprised (in a positive way). We started with a 2km warm up, before doing interval training for the rest of class. Now that's my kind of gym class! We even got heart rate monitors, so we could make sure we were working at about 80% of our maximum heart rate. Not to mention, today's class involved getting totally covered in mud, although I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I spent a good part of this afternoon cleaning the muck out of my shoes, but it wasn't so bad. I still had an ear to ear grin on my face from an awesome introduction to Danish PE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment